Boards, Committees, Commissions
Municipal Code
Green Lake County
State of Wisconsin
Mayor & Council
City Staff / Departments
Clerk-Treasurer
Fire Department
First Responder
Parks & Recreation
Police
Public Works
Hattie Sherwood Campgrounds
Bike Path
News
Agendas
Calendar of Events
Elections
Water Utility CCR Certification
Green Lake Industrial Park
Map of Available Lands for Development
Green Lake County Economic Development Corporation
Green Lake Chamber of Commerce
Tri County Regional Economic Development Corporation
920-294-6912 - Email the City of Green Lake

Bike Path

Bicycle Master Plan
City of Green Lake, Wisconsin
Prepared by the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, 2007

CITY OF GREEN LAKE AWARDED GRANT

The City of Green Lake applied for and was awarded a Department of Transportation grant to build the first section of the non-motorized multi use path.  The 10 ft. wide path will be located on the south side of State Highway 23.

  

It is important to note that this path is NOT a shoulder but a path safely separated from the highway (similar to the Sheboygan bike path, as pictured below).

  
 
 

 
This project will be constructed in two phases

Click map for larger view

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOT grants for projects like the new path are Transportation Enhancement grants.  
 
The city applied for and was awarded a $550,000.00 grant. 
 
This grant is 80% of the needed monies with the community being responsible for the remaining 20% ($110,000.00).

The Park and Recreation board of the City of Green Lake has budgeted $20,000 towards the project.
Donations are welcome.   Please send checks to:

City of Green Lake Bike Path Fund
534 Mill St.     
Green Lake, WI  54941


501c3 tax advantage is available